AEMS Overseas

Types of post-graduate programs & document check list

There are largely two popular types of PG Programs. They are:

  • Graduate Certificate Programs
  • Master’s Programs

Let’s compare the types of study programs in Canada after graduation:


Post-graduate (PG) Diploma



A post-graduate qualification (typically vocational) that teaches specific skills and knowledge in a certain sector.

Post-graduate thesis-based programmes that aim to prepare students to perform independent research in their chosen field.


These programmes last between one and two years.

These degree programmes typically last 1.5 to 2 years. However, for specialised courses, this can be extended to three years.


The course tuition fees are around CA $20,000 per year*

The course tuition fees are around CA $30,000 per year*

Post-study work visa

A one-year PG Diploma course results in a one-year work visa.

A two-year master’s degree qualifies you for a three-year work visa.


These courses are more focused on the academic material.

A degree program’s framework encompasses a wide range of topics.

Undergraduate credits

Undergraduate degrees of three to four years are required by the colleges.

A four-year undergraduate degree is required by most universities.

Offered by

Community colleges and a few universities provide these courses.

Universities provide this programme, which combines course work and research.

Documents to be furnished while applying for universities/colleges:

  1. Copy of Passport
  2. 10th & 12th Marksheet
  3. Credit / Trial Certificate
  4. School Leaving Certificate
  6. IELTS/PTE/TOEFL Date Confirmation Page (In Case of Conditional Application)
  7. Bachelor’s / Master’s degree marksheet (with all backlog clear)
  8. Backlog Certificate (If Required)
  9. Provisional Degree Certificate (If Education is going on)
  10. Bachelor’s /Master’s Final Degree Certificate
  11. Transcript (If required)
  12. If Work Experience applicable – Experience Certificate/ Appointment Letter
  13. Proof of engagement during the gap year (if applicable)
  14. Credit Card Details For Application (If applicable)
  15. Portfolio (If Required)
  16. Resume

If you’re applying for a university you will additionally need:

  1. Letters of Recommendation (3 LORs along with Sign & Stamp)
  2. Transcript (If required)(Sealed Pack)
  3. IELTS/PTE Official Reporting (If required)
  4. Statement of Purpose

Find out everything you need to know about Studying Abroad with AEMS.

Register now and we will arrange a counseling session for you.