Test of English as a Foreign Language, or TOEFL, is a standardised test of English language proficiency for non-native English language speakers wishing to enroll in U.S. universities. The test is accepted by many English-speaking academic and professional institutions. TOEFL is one of the two major English-language tests in the world, the other being the IELTS.
Since 1963, the TOEFL has been by scholarship selection committees of governments, Universities, and agencies such as Fulbright, the Agency for International Development as a standard measure of the English proficiency of their candidates. Some professional licensing and certification agencies also use TOEFL scores to evaluate English proficiency.
TOEFL Test Details
- Available in two version- Paper based and internet based (iBT)
- It tests four sub skills- Reading, Listening, Writing & Speaking
- Reading- 60 to 80 minutes; 36-56 Questions;3 or 4 passages
- Listening- 60-90 minutes;34-51 Questions; lectures, discussions and conversations
- Speaking- 20 Minutes; Total 6 tasks- 2 Independent and 4 Integrated tasks – opinion on familiar topics and based on reading & listening
- Writing -50 Minutes- Total 2 tasks-1 Independent & 1 integrated tasks- an essay based on reading and listening and support an opinion in writing
- Total score on 120 points- 30 points for each sub section.
- 80 on 120 is a typical requirements for undergraduate admissions
- 100+ on 120 in a typical requirements for graduate admissions
The current test fee is 165 USD.
TOEFL Scores & Fees
- Maximum Test Score : 120
- For Graduate Programs: 100
- For Undergraduate Ranges: 86 – 92
- College : 80
- Community College: 61
- The Test Score is valid for 2 years.
- Test Fee : U.S. $ 165 Worldwide
- Additional Score Reports Fee : U.S. $ 17 each
Training Duration at AEMS
- Regular Course: – 2 Months
- Fast Track course: – 1 month
Why TOEFL at AEMS
- One of the largest and most popular institutes for entrance exams for universities abroad.
- Pioneers in coaching for TOEFL since 12+ years.
- Qualified and well-trained faculties with more than 12 years of experience in mentoring for TOEFL.
- Extremely well-designed material for Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing modules that provide the students with rigorous practice and ensure a great score. TOEFL is a computer-adaptive test and so we provide you with 50+ Computer-based Tests that help the student adapt easily to the TOEFL test format.
- We guarantee you unparalleled Coaching and Practice material as well as Result-oriented Mentoring, which makes us the most preferred choice for TOEFL coaching and USA processing among students.
- Classroom practice of 100+ hours which is carefully designed and organized to help you excel in each module of TOEFL. Scoring your desired score in TOEFL becomes easy with AEMS as we provide you with effective tips and=- strategies for cracking it.
- Small Batch Size that allows personalized attention for comprehensive guidance and score improvement.
- Weekly tests conducted to monitor the student’s progress.
- Individual assessment, Evaluation and Feedback given by the Faculties every week to plan further study pattern.
- Prior to the TOEFL exam, 12 Computer-based Mock tests will be conducted to boost the student’s confidence.
- Personal Doubt solving sessions to identify individual weaknesses and provide strategies to master them
- Regular Weekday Batches as well as Weekend Batches to suit the student’s convenience. You are as important to us as your career is important to you.
- We provide assistance with TOEFL test Registrations.
- Most importantly, our biggest success lies in our happy and contented students who achieve remarkable scores in TOEFL and are placed in the leading US Universities such as Columbia University, Johns Hopkins University, University of Pennsylvania, University of Massachusetts – Amherst, Boston University and many more.